Sunday, October 23, 2016

Heart/Circulatory System

We did our last science class in Cardston. It was epic. It was a last minute Halloween Party. We studied the heart, and took our pulse, studied our veins, and saw if we could move liquid as effectively/fast as a heart could (we couldn't) and then we DISSECTED TWO HEARTS!!!

One boy said "My mom would throw up if she were doing this." I personally was not squeamish at all, and was so excited by it, but I can imagine that some might not feel that way, after all, just look:


That's a cow artery.

We got a dear heart, but some of the top had been cut off (come on butcher! Don't you know this is SCIENCE?-jk)


But it was the cow heart that stole my class's heart--hehehehe, yah---

Look how HUGE it was!:


I think this is my favourite homeschool photo of myself. I debating about putting it as my Facebook profile photo hahaha.

But I found out I told my kids a fib. I said a whale's arteries were big enough to swim in. They went home and researched it, and proved me wrong....oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment